While most may be concerned with lower than rated TX power, I've come to the conclusion my K3S is running more than rated power. I've followed the instructions in the manual for Power Calibration and used the Utility to perform TX Power Calibration.  Having done this several times, and using two different external power meters, which both agree, when the PWR is set to 100 watts the output power is 120 to 125 watts.  During the Power Calibration routine, these meters indicate 6 watts when the calibration calls for 5 watts.  And when the 50 watt routine is running the power meters indicate 60 watts.  The Utility indicates that power calibration was successful on all bands.

I can set the radio PWR value to 80 watts and have an indicated 100 watts output.  The data and measurements are obtained using my Bird 43 with a 100H element and a Daiwa CN-801 both between the radio and a 50 ohm dummy load.

So what am I missing in the procedure?  I'd hope to have the radio produce 100 watts when it is set for 100 watts.  My concern is that values greater than 100 watts, as per the manual, will have less that optimum IMD specified performance.

73

Bob, K4TAX