My 2 cents is that each appeals to two different markets. Some love to build
kits and what better kit than a K2 and some hate the idea of building something.

I hesitate to share this but I think parting out a K2 and selling boards etc
(SSB, ATU etc) while a hassle for the seller can possibly yield more money. I
ended up buying a complete K2 enclosure which I have no idea what I will do
with but I know from past purchases of enclosures that they can be pricey and
never quite the size you want.

Paul Gacek
W6PNG/M0SNA
www.nomadic.blog