I agree with both Ted and George about building is half the fun, I built
several dozen K2s, K1s, and KX1s for myself and others. There is great
satisfaction in completing a build to have it powered up and receive those
first signals as well as making that first contact.

I still enjoy using the K2 on the air, I like the sound of the receiver. Back
in the late 70s early 80s I was in a discussion with them and said that soon
the 100watt transceivers would be the size of the CB sets. They weren’t sure as
they would sit in front of there Ts850s, Ft101s, and other such rigs at the
time. Then along came the K2 and as a treat you get to assemble and align it
your self, what a great opportunity to learn about the inner workings of HF
transceivers.

73,
Skip Davis, NC9O
Sent from my iPad