St. Lucia is 240v.  I don't know why he would run it on 120v or 110v.

W0MU

On 3/3/2022 1:39 PM, Naumann, Robert, W5OV wrote:
Bill,

Thanks for the additional information.

Can you tell us if you are running it on 120v?

-Bob W5OV

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. William J. Schmidt <b...@wjschmidt.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2022 10:40
To: Naumann, Robert, W5OV <w...@arrl.org>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] FW: KPA500 faults

Sorry guys, this is not a trivial line voltage problem.

The 60V line to the PA does not sag that much (starts at 72V goes to 60V under
FULL LOAD as measured at the PA)... it's in the voltage divider for the 60V/32
line or the connectors that carry it to the front panel processor for
digitizing.  Changes with heat load.  This amp is in the Caribbean and there is
plenty of excess heat and corrosion. (nb. I just replaced the current sensing
resistor in my K3S for the 100W module due to a hair-line crack... surmise it
was heating).

VP2EHZ

email:  b...@wjschmidt.com