-------- Original message --------From: Bob McGraw <rmcg...@benlomand.net>
Date: 10/03/2022  02:02  (GMT+00:00) To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net Subject:
[Elecraft] K4 Vs. Flex 6400 Before I posted my numbers, I did print the current
Sherwood table.  I then went across each line for the FT-DX101D, the K3S, and
the FLEX 6700.  I did compare 6 of the 10 or so data lines. My reason for doing
this has to do with someone that posted "the FT=101D has the best receiver
performance numbers".  Well this is not exactly true.  The K3S is consistently
better than the FT-DX101D and the FLEX 6700.  As to the K4D, it is much further
down the list from the top 3 or 4.I fear many hams only look at the top line,
brand and model and say that is best.   Clearly this is not true.  The top line
is sorted by Dynamic Range Narrow spaced and that's all.    Certainly there are
factors just as important or more important data points than that.Of course
there is no way to judge whistles and bells.  I think more hams are enticed by
whistles and  bells and know little what makes for a performance radio.
Secondly, factors as quality of the product, failures out of the box, service
turn-a-round time, long term support, and etc.  all come into play in
identifying a good radio.  To me that puts Elecraft at the top of the list, all
facts considered.73Bob, K4TAX> Actually, the Yaesu FTDX101D/MP has the best
receiver numbers on> Sherwood's list. That doesn't mean that it's the best
radio for you,> but the Flex and the K4 aren't "far and away" better receivers
than> anything else in the amateur market. Ironically, Rob seems to really>
like
http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.htmPost: mailto:elecr...@mailman.qth.netThis list
hosted by: http://www.qsl.netPlease help support this email list:
http://www.qsl.net/donate.htmlMessage delivered to turnb...@net1.ie