From: James Bennett
Sent: Apr 1, 2022 11:02 AM
To: Elecraft Reflector Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Issue

Well, it looks like there is no simple solution to this dilemma. I was hoping
to (easily) be able to use the amp with either rig while both were here in the
shack. Pulling the audio cable when I want to use the IC-705 with the amp isn’t
practical due to the location of the radio. I changed the “Radio” setting from
K3 to Analog and Serial, but with the cables attached, the result is the same -
as soon as the amp is put in OPER mode it goes into transmit state (* showing
on the LCD).

So, the only option for the time being is to always have the K3 powered up and
on the band that I want to operate the IC-705 on. Just need to keep their
frequencies separated as much as I can. Unless Jack comes up with an
alternate…! :-) :-)

Jim / K7TXA

Message delivered to w...@arrl.net