For most other brands you can find a repair center somewhere certified by the manufacturer.  Elecraft has never done that, and now that they no longer support replacement modules and appear to have significantly pared down their own repair services, I will pretty much be left high and dry if my K3 should suffer any failure unless I can figure out how to fix it myself.

I bought my K3 for two reasons ... its performance and its modularity which promised long term support for upgrades and repair.  The performance is still near top notch, but I was seriously mislead on the long term support and if I ever buy another rig it won't be Elecraft.

73,
Dave   AB7E