Good Evening,

   The sun has come out.  That has been rare lately.  A few minutes earlier today followed by rain.  From the Bay Area to Idaho it's cool and misty.  Out on the Plains I got reports of 90 degrees.  Summer may be there but the dry season is not yet here.

   Propagation was OK to poor.  ESP one moment to a solid 339 the next :)  Lots of noise.  The sun reports are quiet so it must be from some other star.  I never thought I would miss the blank sun.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

NO8V - John - MI

K6XK - Roy - IA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

K7TXA - Jim - ID

WM5F - Dwight - ID

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

N1AL - Alan - UT

K6PJV - Dale - CA

   Until next week 73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

GEEK WARNING

   I read many suggestions for logging software for Linux, Windows, and for Macintosh operating systems.  CQRlog runs natively under Linux and is vetted as part of the System76 ecosystem of tools.  It also is highly rated by those who use it. That is good for option one.  However, it does modify my operating environment by adding database and supplementary libraries.

   Option two is easy since I already have Virtual Box installed.  I will clone one of my Win7 virtual machines and install N1MM's application.  That gives me a clean installation without modifying my working environment.  When I am done with the VM I can move it to a server so the drive space on my laptop is freed up.

   I plan to try both to see which fits me better.  I may also leave the database (mySQL) on the box for other purposes.  I like to keep my laptops very free of clutter so I can clone one to the other, or to a back up file on the server quickly.