Ray:

Tom,

Your 20m beam has great front to back ratio (or maybe front to side, or whatever). Your sig here was well over S-9 at max and barely audible at min. So you'll be glad to know it's still functioning as a beam, and not as a top-loaded piece of coax or somthing.

Many thanks for the report. Using a Bencher SkyHawk tribander @ 73'... works better than ANY previous tribander I've ever owned. Really sturdy, too.

And I'm still wondering whether it was my sending or the propagation that morphed my NC into GA <grin>

You took a really DEEP (e.g. down to pure ESP copy) when you gave your QTH, so I (wrongly) assumed you'd sent GA... my copying error, certainly NOT your fist! The QRN out here in the midwest last night was pretty horrid, and I was having problems copying just about everyone on 40M... there were a few who were decent copy, but generally, it was difficult at best.

73,

Tom