Julie –

I can look for it … but I don’t believe it was in an official MSFT document.
Nevertheless, it has been going on for a couple years.  It seems to affect
almost every ham using Win 10 sooner or later.

My understanding is that one or more specific Windows 10 Pro 64 updates
reassigned COM ports in order to prevent a potential hacker from accessing the
system.  It may have been related to the presence of specific software
installed on the system.

In any event, the fix I mentioned does indeed work and ends the problem.

George may have other issues, since he’s already tried this

73

Lyn, W0LEN