Tuning on most mag loops is very touchy, and more so on lower frequencies, because of the extremely high Q.  My Alexloop has a reduction gearbox on the capacitor, and I wish it had 3 times the reduction it has.  I doubt you could get close enough with a motor-driven cap to a preset position. And, exact resonance matters. However, it's pretty easy these days to use a V-I sensor and a phase detector to determine where resonance exactly is, and have a little microcontroller drive the cap to zero phase difference. We used to do it with HF mobiles.  Still may be done.

Most of the cost in transmitting loops >QRP is in the vacuum variable capacitor, the construction to minimize I-squared R losses, and to withstand the extremely high voltages which, at 100+ watts can range well above 100 amps circulating current and multi-KV potentials.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County