Good Evening,

   I run these two nets because they are fun.  I enjoying hearing about whatever subject comes up.  Weather and signal reports are good.  Hearing about a new puppy is great.  Occasionally we chat about antennas.  Today a wet ground under a vertical improved operation.  That is rarely a problem in this part of Oregon; currently it is.  Maybe I should water the ground plane of my antenna.  In any case, after I am done running the nets I carry a good feeling into the next week.  Thank you.

   Both bands were noisy from thunderstorms working their way across the country.  The wet antenna is in Iowa where they are breaking the drought.  Michigan was getting hammered so I received an email report instead to avoid the lighting.  Indiana had an opening between storms.  Two of us reported smokey skies plus one more with haze.  The wildfires have a long reach.  Right now the air smells a little better; it no longer has a taste.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

W0CZ - Ken - ND

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K6XK - Roy - IA

AB9V - Mike - IN

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

WM5F - Dwight - ID

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

   Until next week 73,

       Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.