Hi, Bernie.

Like you, I am a CW op that dabbles in FT8.  About a year ago I decided to
dabble in SSB just to hear an operator's voice in QSO parties and the like.
For my K3, I use the Heil ProSET K2 sold by Elecraft and am very pleased
with it.  I chose a headset/mic only because I don't have the space for a
desktop or
boom mic.  The connections are to the rear panel of the K3 making for a
very clean setup.  After setting the equalization levels others have
recommended, I'm told
my audio is very good.

On Tue, Nov 1, 2022 at 5:13 PM Bernie and Cheryl <ham...@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

> Dear Folks:
>
> Although I'm primarily a CW op, and dabble in FT8 (sadly, sometimes
> there's no one on anywhere else except for FT8), I'm thinking about
> expanding my SSB presence on the bands.  I have a K3s and would be
> interested if anyone has a specific recommendation for a good
> microphone?  I'm thinking about one of the Heil microphones (either the
> Heil Gold or the Heil HM-10XD) but am willing to look at anything else
> someone may recommend.
>
> Thanks and 73 de Bernie, KF0QS

> Message delivered to clark.macau...@gmail.com

Clark, WU4B
Little Pistol With Wires + HexBeam
Elecraft K2 & K3
QRPARCI #10815
SKCC #3892
NAQCC #5055
CWOPS #1869
Collins Collectors #AC90-12432
Southeastern DX Club <http://www.sedxc.org>
North Georgia QRP Club <http://www.nogaqrp.org>

*"It is vain to do with more what can be done with less."*
*Attributed to *William of Occam (1288 AD - 1348 AD)