1. "The Problem" is almost never caused by "the worst thing that could happen."

2.  Humans will nearly always assume it's "the worst thing that could happen."

While learning to fly an airplane many years ago, IP told me, "By far, the reason for landing with the gear up is because you abandoned the checklist and forgot to put the wheels down.  It's almost never the airplane's fault."

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County