Although some will no doubt disagree, I think the short answer for you as a casual op is "no" ... depending, of course, on just how "casual" you consider yourself to be.

The new synths do indeed give considerably better performance, though ... you just might not notice them if you are a casual operator.  The new synths have much better performance for multiple closely-spaced CW signals within the audio passband (which avoids the mush created by the old synths), and if you have two receivers the local oscillator signals remain sync'd as you tune.   The phase noise is better with the new synths.

Here is a better report:

https://www.ok2kkw.com/xyz/om3w/qst_ksyn3a_revised.pdf

Personally, I think it was a safe bet to switch to the new synths if you ever plan to sell the rig.

73,
Dave   AB7E