Jim...

I gave up on all SSB contesting long ago. To my ears and preferences, it's just a pile of gibberish with maybe one very strong/clear signal every 10-20Kc. Not worth it. CW is the only way to contest IMHO. While I've never operated QRP, I suspect that I'm headed in that direction, also.

...robert KE2WY