I recommend finding someone with a P3 or other spectrum display and trying this
on *your* K3 rather than looking at pictures of “a K3”. Running with
insufficient audio drive, which is what you are doing, has known problems,
which you are experiencing.

I would be glad to do it with my KX3 and PX3, but I’m on the other side of the
US.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood