I have the Koss SB-45.  Works great and sounds good both ways although I don't normally use a headset.   I do find, as I recall, it has a dynamic mike element and does exhibit a good amount of proximity effect.  Uh, maybe that is the SB-40.  One is dynamic and one is electrect. ???

73

Bob, K4TAX

On 8/7/2023 6:10 PM, elecraft-requ...@mailman.qth.net wrote:
Message: 21
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 16:26:07 -0600
From: David Herring<david.n5...@gmail.com>
To: Elecraft Forum<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Cc: Henry Pfizenmayer<pfizenma...@q.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Yamaha CM500

I have been told that the Koss SB-45 is the replacement for the Yamaha CM500.
I have not as yet ordered a pair to try them myself, I am merely relaying what
I have heard.  Might be worth researching if anyone?s looking for a CM500
replacement.  I see there is a pair on Amazon for about $30 presently?

73,
Dave - N5DCH