And when it fails, good luck fixing it yourself! 8-)

funny you should mention that! ... this was posted within the last
week on a QRP group's reflector.

~~

From QRPland; I made the fatal mistake of leaving my K-1 plugged in
and hooked up during an electrical storm...ZAP-POW-SPLAT...Batman!
There was no crash, no flash of lightning, just a silent power surge
that took out the EEprom, the Voltage regulator and a diode in the
ATU. Total cost of repairs was $7.49 (including postage). Finding the
problem took about 4 hours of bad language.

~~