I feel, all Elecraft needs to consider - is creating
a 2007 version of the K2, updated with 2006
technology, 2006 microelectronics, better display,
and a few bells and whistles to play with.

What the HOO ---- bigger knobs, larger front
panel to boot.

Call it the K2+ or K2MKII or K207 .... IMHO many
new and previous K2 owners would buy it.  Consider
how many auto owners upgrade to buy the latest
VERSION of their favorite auto.  Happens every day.
Unfortunately, in the U.S. auto industry - NEW
MODELS may contain less features, and less
quality. Ala no chrome, no metal bumpers, no
HP, no 8 cylinders, no oil pressure ....

If Elecraft told me I could buy the K2+ or K207
- why wouldn't I want one?

And this would give the Elecraft principals - more
memory to play around in, and more technology to
beef up the performance even more.  Its a win,
win.

Thanks,
Fred
N3CSY