Dan, WG4S, picked up on a mis-statement in the message below about the color
code. It think it's worth repeating here.

He pointed out that calling the last color or digit a multiplier is
incorrect. Multiplying any value by zero results in zero!

He's perfectly right.

What I should have said was that the last color or number indicates the
number of zeros following the value. So 820 means 82 followed by zero zeros
= 82 pF. A value of 821 would mean 82 followed by one zero = 820 pF and so
on, just like resistor color codes.

Tnx Dan!

Ron AC7AC