Fellow K2 builders,

I have completed building the KAT2 autotuner, and have run into a problem on the power calibration step (calp).

The problem is that (on page 17) when I hit the tune button and run 5.0 watts into the KAT2, I'm only measuring about half that much at the dummy load. The dummy load I'm using is an Elecraft DL1. When I measure the voltage at the TP1 and ground test points on the DL1, I'm only seeing about 8.5 volts. That translates to about 2.9 watts.

If I remove the KAT2 and repeat the test with the DL1 connected to the K2's stock antenna jack, I measure about 12.2 volts at the DL1's test points, which is about 5.9 watts.

Thus far, the build has gone smoothly. I have visually inspected everything on the KAT2 and was quite careful during the build. I had no problems doing the "bridge null adjustment", and was able to dial in C55 to about 007.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zac Brown
K2# 4907