On 11/13/06, wayne burdick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Another must-have for pragmatic design (which definitely applies to RF)
is "Solid State Design for the Radio Amateur," a classic by Hayward and
DeMaw. This is available from Elecraft (as is EMRFM, I believe).

Unfortunately _Sold State Design for the Radio Amateur_ is out of
print - look for it at hamfests, partly because it was getting fairly
dated in particulars, so _Experimental Methods_ grow out of being an
update I think. Maybe Wayne had  _Introduction to Radio Frequency
Design_  by Wes Hayward (red with wireframe plot on cover) in mind.

If Mike is not afraid of calculus then _The Electronics of Radio_ is
likely very useful. Both _The Electronics of Radio_ and _Introduction
to Radio Frequency Design_ have more math content than your typical
ARRL publication, so some hams find them not as accessible.

-Michael, VE3TIX