On Nov 13, 2006, at 11:14 AM, Stephen wrote:

Hi Guys,

            I am reading a book called "I WOZ" the biog of one of the
founders of Apple Computers. It's a great read!. He mentions having a Ham licence in his 6th grade (not sure how old that would make him). Seemingly he read a book called "SOS at midnight" which got him hooked and then he built a Hallicrafters RX and TX. He even learned the code. I wonder if he is still active on the bands. He says a lot of nice things about ham radio in
the book.

There is a Stephen Wozniak listed in the FCC database (KB0IID), but it is not the same person. Perhaps he let his license lapse. According to wikipedia, "Woz" was born in 1950, making him 56 years old.

I don't recall Hallicrafters ever selling kits.

73 - Bob, N7XY