"Martin Gillen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I know that isn't very scientific, it may be telling me the harmonic
suppression isn't good or maybe it's not.  I don't have anything
sophisticated like a spectrum analyzer to do a proper analysis of the
relative strength of the 1st harmonic versus the fundamental.

Martin, I know you want to resolve any possible problem before January, but I notice we are both going to be at the campout (http://www.wa3wsj.com/MOC2007.html) in NW NJ. I will be bringing a Hewlett-Packard HP-8563A spectrum analyzer like the one here: http://www.ae5x.com/kx1.html and some other stuff as well, if any of the attendees are interested. We can make plots of our rigs, measure MDS, etc.

In the meantime, I'd resist making any "corrections" to your KX1 based on the methods you are using to test it ;-)

73 and see you in January,

John Harper AE5X
Portable QRP: http://www.ae5x.com