Hi Group,

Christmas does give me some spare time to construct the serial cable to link the W1 with my notebook computer.

I run W1, K2 with DL1 dummy load. I notice that the power reading of W1 on my notebook computer is higher than that calculated from the DC voltage measured on DL1. For example, I got a power indication of 15 watts from W1 through my note book. At the same time, the voltage across TP1 of the DL1 dummy load is 18.2 watts. Based on the power formula of DL1, the calculated power output should be 13.4 watts.

Without changing any settings of my K2, I used LP100 instead of the W1 this time. I obtained a power reading of 13.5 watts on the LP100. Apparently, the reading from the LP100 is very very close to the power calculated from the DL1.

The calibration of W1 was turning the CAL trimmer for 4.5VDC at TP1 before this test. If I want to have a reading from W1 to match the DL1 calculation or LP100, I have to readjust the CAL trimmer of W1 to arrive a reading of 4.82VDC at TP1.

My questions are:

1. What is the basis of the 4.5VDC as suggested in P.10 of the W1 construction manual? 2. Is the power calculated from the DL1 more accurate than the reading of W1 based on the calibration mentioned in above? 3. Since the power calculation from the DL1 is very closed to the reading in LP100, should I turn the CAL trimmer in W1 to match with LP100?

Could any of you give me some help? Christmas time is the quiet time for me to do some radio experiments.

TNX & 73

Johnny Siu VR2XMC