-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jurgen ON5MF
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2006 11:43 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] K2 #5549 some questions/remarks

Hi,

First of all Merry Christmas to all of you!

Yesterday I went over to a friend and we did some quick tests on my new
K2 (basic, no options yet).

To be clear, everything has been aligned with basic tools, as in the
user manual.

Here are some things we noticed:

   1. when looking at the transmitted signal using a spectrum analyser,
      the signal didn't seem as clean as we liked it.  We didn't have
      time (it was the day before X-mas!) to really start counting the
      dB's, but on 30, 12 and 10 m we saw some signals around the main
      signal. Is there any chance we can get these bands 'cleaner' by
      further tweaking the filters?

   2. Output power on 10m is OK low in the band, but when going higher
      up it decreases to a mere 1,5 W. Moreover the higher we go in the
      band the worse the transmitted spectrum gets (see above). Is it
      possible to set the filters so the complete 10m band can be used
      at a reasonable power? I know, for CW the low part of the band is
      the place to be, but I'd like to also install the SSB option.

   3. When listening to a continuous signal (XG2 for example) there is
      some kind of a (digital) 'thump' in the audio everytime I turn RIT
      or VFO. Is this a normal behaviour or not?

--

73

Jurgen Geldhof
ON5MF