A few months ago, after completing #5390, I ran a check on the cleanliness of
the K2 transmitted CW signal on 28Mhz, using the spectrum scope in my IC-781 as
a spectrum analyser. I could not detect any trace of spurii and the slopes of
the received trace were sharp and smooth, with the scope set to 5Khz per
division. Signal also sounded clean and pure to listen to.

I had to set up a high degree of 'attenuation' between the K2/dummy load and
the IC-781 (with a wire antenna about 1 ft long), which I did by having the K2
running dits into the dummy load in one room of our apartment, and the IC-781
in another room some distance away. If you try this, take care to arrange
enough proper attenuation, to avoid the risk of blowing the RF stage or
switching diodes in your RX!

73 and Happy Holidays to all,

Wyn, VR2AX