BR,

The answer all depends on which version of the Heil mic you purchased and
which adapter you purchased with it.

Hiel builds mics with several types of elements, and those that are intended
for use with the Icom (iC suffix) usually work well with the K2, but do need
a resistor from the +5 volt line to another pin on the mic jack (usually the
AF pin).  The adapter type you purchased will determine how you are to wire
the K2 mic configuration header - i.e. if you purchased the adapter for
Kenwood, wire the mic configuration header as shown in the KSB2 manual for
Kenwood, if you purchased the Icom adapter, use the Icom configuration, etc.

If you do not know the mic element type so you can answer the resistor
question, contact Heilsound mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] - tell them the full
mike designation number, your adapter number and that you will be using it
with a K2 - you should receive an informed answer.

73,
Don W3FPR