Fred (FL) wrote:
Steve -

You should only have a great experience building
the Elecraft K2 Xcvr!   Sounds like you have the
skills and kit interest - in doing a fine job.
You have no need for a Scope .... to complete one.
I built one in mid 2006, probably took me 4 weeks,
chunking along every day.  My first electronics
formal course was at a small "basic electronics"
course outfit, in Ft. Erie, Ontario - north of
Buffalo.
Thanks everyone for your advise and support. I think this is the perfect project to eat up some of my spare time. Now to order the kit(s)!

Stephen
Calgary, AB