It was a bright and sunny day at North Pole, Colorado,
but the temperature was 33F and winds were gusting to 40 MPH.
The ground was snow covered, big drifts, ground blizzards, blowing snow and
chill factor way down...Even with regular sunglasses i was getting snow blinded.
Very hard to see the KX1 display even at step 6.
   The conditions not as good as last year.  i was on for 2.5  hours from
1630z to 1900z.
i hand hold the Elecraft KX1 and use a 10 foot whip stuck in my rear pocket
which runs up through a loop on my vest. i also had a 14 foot drag wire and was
running 3W powered from Sony LiIon cells.
Here is my 20 meter log:
K8UO Walt MI
VE3DTQ John ON (lost him)
W5MSQ Henry TX
WS4S Conard TN
W8H  Hell MI
AJ4AY  Jay AL
AB9CA Dave AL
AB4PP  JohnPaul NC
WA8REI Ken MI
Tried to get Randy K7TQ but no joy.
Now for some 40 meters contacts:
W5MSQ Henry  TX
KQ5RP  Scott TX  running 2W !
On 40 Meters i use a 10 foot whip with a top hat at 7 feet and a 30 foot drag
wire.

   i will have special NPCO w0rw/Pedestrian Mobile QSL card available with
the NPCO post mark but they won't be mailed out until May because the NPCO Post
Office won't be open until then. No SASE's required.  If you want a North Pole
 QSL send me one of yours first.
  i also have a .jpg picture of me at the Pole today, send email request for
picture.
i had my long johns and Carl Sagan turtle neck shirt on.
   You can see a 360 degree summer time picture of the 'Pole' at
http://www.santas-colo.com/North.html.
   i hope you had a great time outside today too.

Paul  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PO Box 6069
Colorado Springs, CO 80934