Michel,

That is a great tool, and I am certain many will appreciate it.

There is a technique that avoids the problem - and that is to form the wire
around the OUTSIDE of the core with a finger on each turn.  By forming on
the outside, there is not as much need to pull the wire to tighten it.  It
is in the pulling act that the wire is scraped.

73,
Don W3FPR