Check the soldering very carefully - especially the pins of the LCD display
and the pins of the socket (which are unfortunately under the LCD now) -
check especially pin 1 of the socket, many times that pin does not get
soldered.

If you do find unsoldered or poorly soldered socket pins, you can cut away a
bit of the plastic on the side of the socket and get a soldering iron tip on
the pin to reheat it and feed more solder.
If you suspect the LCD pins, they can be soldered from the top side of the
board which often provides a better connection since it is difficult to
properly heat the pins with no projection from the bottom of the board.

73,
Don W3FPR