If I disconnected one side of the loop from balun, at that point (at least from what I have looked at on the web) it is similar to an inverted L with the wire wondering around instead of going off in one direction like it should. At that point, an inverted L would need radials. Problem is, this is right at the back side of my house, there is a deck and then an above ground pool. So looking at it from above, I could only get radials on about a 90 degree portion. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to for such a small foot print.

I had originally hoped to put enough wire in the air for a 160m loop, but my best estimates put me about 100 ft too short.

David Wilburn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dale Putnam wrote:
I would be wanting to try to utilize it as a top loaded vertical, tie the twinlead feeder together, then treat it as a vertical on 160. The loop as a loop presents tuff to match situation for most tuners. They just run out of capability at that low end. You might try moving the length of feedline with a set of coils, one in each lead, you may be able to move the match enough using the length of feedline to help the tuner get into a working situation.
Worth the effort tho. That should work nicely and let you hear well too.

--...   ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy