Dave,

Open it at the point 180 degrees (midway around) from the feedpoint.  If
your existing loop is a full wavelength on 80 meters, opening it will turn
the loop into a folded back 1/2 wave dipole on 160 meters - not as good as
straight out, but it should work since you are feeding the line with a tuner
anyway.
In fact, you may be able to make it automatic by using a trap tuned to 160
meters - that will electrically open the loop on 160 and only add some
inductnce on the other bands.

73,
Don W3FPR