Terry,

WARNING - Do not do a hard reset without first writing down all your menu
and filter settings - they will be set back to factory defaults with a hard
reset.

I have trouble believing that a hard reset will correct any problem of that
nature - it seems analog in nature and the reset will only correct digital
stuff.

If the problem is actually in the K2, and nothing shows up on CW, the
problem is likely on the KSB2 board.  You will probably find that the real
source is a bad solder connection.  That is the most frequent source of
intermittent behavior.

It would be wise to check your antenna system as well.  If there is an
intermittent connection there, it could cause intermittent RF feedback that
may only be noticable at the microphone input. Try grounding the mic jack,
it may not cure things, but is a good first step, and while you have the
front panel off, check the soldering on the area around the mic
configuration header.

Yes, try to determine if you can reproduce the problem at low power.  If you
can, then the most likely problem area is the KSB2 board, but if it does not
show up at low power, the likely source would be RF Feedback IMHO.

On the KSB2, check carefully the ALC section - look at the schematic to see
the associated components.

Can you borrow a receiver and listen to your signal in the shack while
operating into a dummy load.  That will keep the airways clean while you are
searching for the cause.

73,
Don W3FPR