-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darrell Bellerive
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 12:23 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] AGC Independent S-Meter?

As I typically leave the AF gain at maximum and use the RF gain control to
set
the listening level (Better signal to noise ratio.) the S-meter is not too
useful. Also with the AGC turned off the S-meter is not operational.

Anyone have any ideas for an AGC independent S-meter?

I was thinking perhaps use some sort of high impedance RF voltage detector
between D34 and T7 on the RF board. Then amplify the voltage to the level
and
range required at the S-meter voltage connection (pin RA1 of the MCU), so
the
existing meter could still be used. Of course the connection from the MCU to

the AGC line would have to be disconnected.

--
Darrell Bellerive
Amateur Radio Stations VA7TO and VE7CLA