What is the benefit of a balun?
I cant run them, as I run legal limit AM which
will toast any balun I ever heard of.

At 100 watts, or QRP, RF in the house cant be an issue,
I don't have problems with the AM and the G5RV right over the house.

I would think it would just add more loss.

I used to have resonant 80 and 40 meter dipoles, but took
them down and built a home made G5RV, #12 wire for the open wire
line, and only about 20 feet of RG214 coax into the tuner
or directly into the K2 with its built in atu.
I will have very high swr on both the open wire line
(does not matter as there is almost no loss),
and the RG214, but there is only 20 feet of that, so I would
guess the loss is slight.

Now I could fit a balun if I just used the K2, but what
would be the advantage?

I hear you should never run a balun with any swr, the losses
go way up. I think they now make tuners with the balun
before the tuner (rig, balun, tuner, antenna) that works
well....

Brett
N2DTS