Dick, K6KR wrote:The Elecraft support guy, Gary, is excellent. I had the same concerns, and a
couple
of times I had a sinking feeling that maybe I'd never get it right, but Gary
bailed me
out over the web with close-up pictures of problem areas, and I now have a fine
little
radio that I built from a kit.

---------------------I just want to put a plug in for Gary Surrency. I'm not trying to increase his workload, but I don't think a lot of people realize what a superb resource he is for Elecraft. Usually if you need tech support from Elecraft, Gary is the one who gets the job of responding. He knows all of these Elecraft radios inside and out, will undoubtedly focus very quickly of probable causes for your problem and recommended solutions. I think it's a shame more folks don't get a chance to meet Gary at hamfests, but perhaps that's by choice--he's a busy guy! I know him because he lives here in Arizona, but even I don't get to see him that much anymore, and I guess that's because he's loaded down "taking care of business". But he's a fine fellow, and I encourage you to take advantage of this excellent resource.Dave W7AQK