On Tuesday 12 June 2007 at 0836 Gene (WG7GW) wrote ...

Gary and Ken:

Love the Rework Eliminators. Am slooooooooowly working my way through
a K2 construction. I ordered the mic kit ... but have a question.

Will this kit require re-soldering the current pin set on the front
panel board? It's already in place. No, I have not soldered to the
long pins on the back of the board.

Thanks in advance. I'm looking forward to this addition as well.

--

Hi Gene,

    Thanks for writing.  The purpose of our Rework Eliminator(TM) products
is to eliminate the need for PCB rework while upgrading the K2 with options,
and where possible to avoid repeated disassembly of the enclosure.  In this
spirit, our new Internal Mic Adaptor (IMA) plugs right onto the existing Mic
Configuration header on the back of the K2's Front Panel board.

    Obviously, for someone who has already completed assembly, they will
need to remove the Control board (once) to install the IMA.  However, after
that they'll be able to reconfigure their K2 for any supported mic by
removing just the left side panel of the enclosure.

    What may have caused your confusion as you studied the mechanical mockup
photos on our http://www.unpcbs.com/ website, is our use of a rather unique
surface mount pass-though socket on the Mic Extender board.  With so little
space to work with between the K2's Front Panel and Control boards, the IMA
would not have fit using more conventional connectors.

73,
Gary  KI4GGX

Rework Eliminator is a trademark of K. Kaplan (WB2ART) & G. Hvizdak (KI4GGX)