On Friday 29 June 2007 03:29:18 Julian G4ILO wrote:

> Hitting "reply" here addresses the reply to the sender of the posting
> I'm replying to, not the list, which is a real pain as I'm getting too
> old and stupid to always remember to change the recipient to
> elecraft@mailman.qth.net before hitting "send".
>
> By the way, Charles' posting showed up as a new thread for me.

  I do not have a "reply-to" field in my headers,
so I suspect strongly that the destination of your
reply is determined by your email software setting,
nothing to do with my settings.  Supporting this
notion, when I "reply" to my own posting, the
destination is to the list, not to me. And replying
to certain members' posts, the destinations are their
personal addresses because they have a "reply-to" in
their headers, a function of their software settings.
  Sounds like you aren't displaying threads because
Charles's header clearly contains,
 You are probably displaying the messages in subject
order, not threads.

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR, K2 #4962