Please allow me to make a correction before I get any
more email...

I meant 0.031 dia solder, not 0.31, slip of the
decimal point.

To those who disagree with my arbitrary  selection of
Kester "44" 0.031, it is what Elecraft recommends, and
that really wasn't the point of my post.

After the opinions and corrections I have received,
people take this pretty personally.  Maybe now I
understand why Elecraft doesn't include solder with
their kits :-)

73  Marty / W4MY