Ron...I replied privately to Marty with my comments because I didn't think I needed to clutter up the entire reflector with my comments.

As to the additional "stuff" I mentioned I purchased for my K2 project...I was merely noting my self-justifications didn't fly with my wife...just like they don't to a whole lot of other hams that have posted on this list....I thought it was a bit of Ham humor...not "beating someone up."

As mine was the only response he posted to the full list, it would appear I'm being included in the "impolite off-reflector answers" group you're castigating, and I don't appreciate that label.

I took full responsibility for my opinion and I provided my name and call. Your comments imply I went on a rude rant.

I respectfully disagree.

And, as for your comments...I too have a delete key.  And I just used it.

David King
KE7EKA

Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
Hi, Marty:

It sounds like you've gotten some pretty impolite off-reflector answers.
In my experience, people who need to speak privately often have little
worthwhile to say and they fear being criticized themselves. That's why they
reply privately. To me, it's like someone at the local Ham club meeting
grabbing a fellow who asks a question and dragging him outside to berate him
in private for being stupid and then telling him what to do out of hearing
of the others.
Thank you for speaking up publicly. The only way to stop that behavior is to
confront it, then hit the delete key. (Wonderful invention, that delete key,
but it can take practice not let rudeness dwell on your thoughts. I try to
remember that, frequently, the rudeness is unintentional, like someone
stepping on my toe at a club meeting, even if they don't apologize.)