To: "Robert Tellefsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Twin Lead feedline

I have been using TruValue twin lead at $14/100 feet for the past 4 years on both my G5RV and my 40 meter loop. Works just fine. Best bargain around. Since I only need 40 feet on either antenna, if it goes bad, I just use the other half of what is left with some to spare.

Jozef WB2MIC

PS. The antenna wire is leftover electric fence wire now over 22 years old. Cost per antenna per year is quite low. :)

Robert Tellefsen wrote:
Thom
There are various grades of 300 ohm twinlead.
Some are very cheap and have pretty skimpy
conductors.  Some are good quality.  There is/was
at least one version that was suitable for transmitting
(power level not stated that I can recall).  If you
have some of the good quality stuff, you can probably
do 100w just fine.  I'd watch out for the skimpy stuff,
though.
Good luck and 73
Bob N6WG