If you ever used one of the 756 series rigs, you know
just how nice the display is, and its nice having it all in one box
and not having to move/carry a screen along if you move things.

You can put a lot of information on a screen like that, and icom
was smart enough to also use a real mechanical meter along with
the very nice display.
The band scope is a very nice feature, although you might not
think so till you use one, but its only part of the nice display.
You can turn it off and copy rtty, access all kinds of options, show
loads of very detailed info at the same time, etc.
Its not a big box, but it is quite heavy.

The 756 pro series is a very nice radio, except for its abysmal
performance on receive.
At about $1200.00 it's a good buy for a used rig if you don't
mind the wide front end...

Brett
N2DTS