Paco,

Thanks for posting the solution to this problem. I feel sure there are a number of us who read about it with interest but did not comment. Good to know the answer to the problem!!

73 de dave
ab9ca

Francisco Barros wrote:
Hi Bob,

Finally, I got it !.
It is related with "the RC network connected between the output pin 5 and ground, required to keep the amplifier stable at high frequencies at different loads", as you mention on your previous post.
I checked the RC network and I even installed a new one: same behavior.
If I removed this RC network completely, the oscillation now started with lower volumes !.

Using the technique "try and error", the problem was solved with a capacitor of 68 nF in parallel with this RC network, that is, just from pin 5 to ground. No more high frequency oscillation with different loads !.

By the way, the DC voltage at pin 5 was half the supply: 3 V. I even installed a short leads 10 uF tantalum across the supply of U4, without positive results.

I don't know the reason of this behaviour, maybe, as you say on your post, is due to the high gain of this stage (46 dB). Who knows... .

Many thanks Bob and have a good day.

73,
Paco