I got a small swatch of a rubberized waffle like padding - you can see
through the mesh like a screen - and it stops the 'scoot' really great. I've
had
it so long that I can't remember where it came from, and I'm not even sure it
was intended for use with a key. The one I have is blue, quite thin, and very
soft. If anyone knows where it comes from or it's original intended use, I
think  it would be a boon to all cw ops. I used a bencher before my hexkey and
before  that it was a homebrew. The tendency has been to make the key heavier
to reduce  the scoot from an intense contester or pileup op whose a little
excited.  But that doesn't stop it unless the feet are soft and a little
'sticky'
on the  surface. soft rubber legs stick but flex and the hard rubber doesn't
flex but it  scoots - what a dilemma!  That pad I found is the best of both
worlds - it  even works if the feet are hard plastic buttons.  For the hexkey -
get the  pad and some nylon feet - no jiggle and no scoot.

Al WA6VNN