Is that, perhaps, something called "Rug Gripper"? You can get it in small rolls in most hardware type stores. Initially used to put under throw rugs on wooden floors. But great for this as well. Can be cut to size.

Michael N4NMR
Ashburn, VA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I got a small swatch of a rubberized waffle like padding - you can see through the mesh like a screen - and it stops the 'scoot' really great. I've had it so long that I can't remember where it came from, and I'm not even sure it was intended for use with a key. The one I have is blue, quite thin, and very soft. If anyone knows where it comes from or it's original intended use, I think it would be a boon to all cw ops. I used a bencher before my hexkey and before that it was a homebrew. The tendency has been to make the key heavier to reduce the scoot from an intense contester or pileup op whose a little excited. But that doesn't stop it unless the feet are soft and a little 'sticky' on the surface. soft rubber legs stick but flex and the hard rubber doesn't flex but it scoots - what a dilemma! That pad I found is the best of both worlds - it even works if the feet are hard plastic buttons. For the hexkey - get the pad and some nylon feet - no jiggle and no scoot. Al WA6VNN