Guys,

Julian is correct, please place [K3], [K2] etc. as the first item on your subject lines for ALL rig/product specific postings from now on.

We are -extremely- busy focusing on K3 shipments etc. After the dust clears (withing the next month or so) we'll revisit the reflector/web page/forum organization issues. Of course we want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to get the information they need. :-)

In the mean time, please also remember that this list is our primary method of both getting feedback from customers and for communicating with you. We occasionally look at and post to some of the other forums out there, but we can not monitor them or respond to all questions posted on those lists. We need a single place to focus on, and that's the primary reason for the current email list structure. Proliferating more parallel forums only serves to fragment the Elecraft community and to make it impossible for us to easily communicate with everyone.

Lastly, we DO have a web readable version of this list that allows you to just peruse the subject lines and to click on the ones you wish to read. ( http://www.elecraft.com/elist.html ) If you wish to read the list in that manner, and still stay subscribed so you can post, just set your email options to 'no mail delivery' on your personal Elecraft list preferences page. Go to http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/elecraft and scroll to the bottom of that page. The last option asks you to enter your subscribed list email address and click on 'edit options'.

Please be patient with us, we'll be working with everyone to simplify things here as soon as we can catch or breath. (You do want us to focus on getting your K3s to you, don't you? ;-)

73,  Eric   WA6HHQ
Elecraft

Julian G4ILO wrote:
I seem to remember Eric asking this very same thing only a few days
ago. The problem is it is not a normal thing to do and people are
fallible - they just don't remember until after they've hit the Send
button (if then.) I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

Thom and I set up Elecraft message boards at Zerobeat Forums to
provide a solution to this issue - separate boards for each Elecraft
product. However, it does require a critical mass of people -
including those with the answers, as well as the ones with the
questions - to join  and participate if it is to be actually useful.
The message boards are there, the rest is up to the users.