David,

I think the real answer to those extensions will have to wait until after the KRX3 ships. I really don't know how RTI and XIT interact with the sub-receiver, nor have I though about how to best utilize it in situations like you have posed.

73,
Don W3FPR

David Ferrington, M0XDF wrote:
Arrrgggghhh

For RIT below, read XIT

Thank you Don, I kinda thought that was how it was and in typing the mail,
came to realise I need to think in terms as you stated. So then I just
wanted clarification.

I have on more question then - lets say I have the KRX3 (I will when it
ships :-). I'm working a split DX, there's one hell of a pile-up (must be
3B7C again). I'm using diversity receive, so I can hear both the DX freq and
their QSX, I want to transmit 300 Hz higher than I'm listening to on the Sub
- how does one do that quickly?

Perhaps use RIT on the SUB, is that possible - i.e., press [B SET] and set
RIT to be 300Hxz higher?

Then lets assume I don't work them, but want to check if they did listen
around where I transmitted, can I then press [REV] and while keeping it
depressed, HOLD [CLR] to add the RIT to the SUB freq and clear the RIT?

I know these are things I'll be able to figure out once I get the K3, but I
got to do something while I'm waiting for the Big Brown Van

On 16/10/07 14:18, "Don Wilhelm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

David,

It may help if you mentally divorce the physical VFOs from the A and B
designations and think of the DISPLAYED frequencies.